View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2007, 07:34 PM

Renquist has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplebeard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
I played my first war game (Avalon Hill's "Tactics II") in 1960. (This should make you guys complaining about being "old" feel good.)

I see HeroScape (and describe it to people who ask what it is) as "a fantasy war game," often adding that line about "chess meets Yahtzee." I love that I can play a game in forty minutes rather than five hours (which is what the last game of Johnny Reb miniatures I played took). It is an "impressionistic war game." That's what I love about it.

As to other minatures and HS? They can give you lead contamination. HS, though...uh oh, wait! don't put HS in your mouth!
Except the wonderful Mt Carradine is a pompous twit.

Anyways - HS is a turn based strategy game. That means it belongs in the war-game genre.

I'm familiar with WarHammer but got into HS because Citadel products are just far too overpriced these days. I prefer their goods, not their prices (there's a difference between white metal and lead btw, haven't seen a lead mini in years.).

HS is just plain fun and something most anyone can get into. If it ever lacks for depth, you can still make good use of your investment.

I consider The Rev to be the David Carradine of this board.