View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2022, 01:18 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Rules Team HQ - Open for Business

Strictly speaking, they're not exactly the same as Oracle. And the words were omitted to create the opposite effect of your understanding. So in order to best eliminate uncertainty, maybe "in play" should never have left the wording of cards like Big Man to begin with.

It's the last sentence of the definition of "in play," that confirms for me that Oracle's power does not work when she's destroyed and before being removed from the battlefield.

"In play" having a definition that is different from "you control" tells me that it's not really a redundant phrase.

I know I've brought this example up a bunch, but the Canary Cry has some weird logic, so can we confirm if I'm correct? When Black Canary is destroyed, but before she's removed from the battlefield, she's under your control, but not "in play"?

CANARY CRY FOR JUSTICE
If Black Canary or a friendly Unique Hero within clear sight of Black Canary receives at least 2 wounds or is destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, choose 4 spaces in a straight line from Black Canary. All enemy figures on or within 1 space of the chosen spaces receive 1 wound, and you may remove 1 unrevealed Order Marker at random from each of their Army Cards.