View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2021, 03:39 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Workbook of Cave Troll of Moria - Playtesting (Fellowshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
TLDR: I'm a fan of simplifying whenever possible, but I don't want the cave troll to be worth his points on a map with very little dungeon.

-----------------------------

I suppose I don't see "niche" & "hard to use" as inherently bad things for this card. Cave trolls (and moria orcs) are only ever seen in Moria (or right outside, at night) canonically as far as I remember, and I think it makes sense that a cave troll won't be worth his points on a non-dungeon heavy map.

That being said, I do see "overly complex" as a problem for any card. I agree that the ability as written is definitely more complex than either (1) road movement bonus and (2) just starting or just ending on shadow. But I'm not sure that your proposal is the best solution because the troll's strength doesn't scale well with the increasing percentage of dungeon tiles on the map.

I'm not sure what the best answer here is at this point though.

What are others thoughts?
I’ve thought it over as I’ve been catching up with the designs in here to give them a look, and decided that this group isn’t for me. I do like the start of the Hobbit cards but most of the villian cards don’t really line up even close to what I would think as a thematic direction. This is not a bad thing. Just not for me. I thought I would give it another go, as it appeared that there may have a chance of allowing alternate ideas, but seems it’s not that way. Good luck to you fellas. I’ll just finish making the rest of my Tolkien customs in my customs thread. Feel free to disregard my input.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo