View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2020, 10:41 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Burnout - Alternate Format

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I think it makes sense to limit it to just 10 figures. In Fact I’ll make that change because nobody wants to deal with those armies you mentioned. Though I do think a 16 hex start zone is still valid for adding in double spaced figures.
That's an excellent point that I had overlooked - I like 10 figures / 16 hexes as dual restrictions much more than what I had originally suggested. I think that's the sweet spot right there.

I have a clarification question with respect to Marro Warriors, the Hive, and anything that brings figures back from the dead - would you allow them to come back during the next wave? Say I win with 2 MWs left, can I water clone the other 2 back on my first OM of the next wave, or can I only water clone back to the number I started that wave with?
Ooo, good question. I think for squads like zombies it’d be too hard to keep track of which ones transferred over and which didn’t so I’d let rebirth and cloning continue into the next “phase”. I think that keeps things interesting. Because MWs are great; but again I think the small nature of the maps will hinder their usual dominance. Just look at the maps in the OP. Quite small overall, hard for MWs to run away...though if they make it to the next round to reset that would help them. That said that’s 50pts of figures taking up almost half your figure limit.
I agree that I don't thinks MWs are too over powered here, although they are quite good still.

For reference, the army I was thinking of was: Nilfheim, Greenscales x1, MWs. Rush Nilf with a small screen, keep MWs back to try and have some survive to the next round. I actually like that mechanic quite a bit, as it makes having to keep certain figures alive more important.