View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2015, 12:43 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Hasbro confirmed distribution model for expansions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorcrayons View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
Sparking interest at a local gaming store is how this game will live or die
I am skeptical of this.

By that I mean, I want this to be successful at the Brick&Mortar level too of course, being a gamer who isn't ignorant of specialized shops such as game stores.

But people go into Big Box all the time, all day long and have done so since department stores first came into vogue. When I am sitting in a game shop for a few hours painting minis, and see customers come in asking for the latest video game as if it was a game stop, this anecdotal evidence, to me, is pretty telling of consumers in general.

In short, this doesn't need FLGS to succeed or die. This is why FFG and other game companies vie for a position on Big Box shelves, for greater profit.
It would be better if it's presence in game shops, but people that go to game shops go to Target too. Not everyone that goes to Target, goes to game shops.
True. The bottom line is that if the game doesn't sell in big stores at a profit great than Magic: The Gathering, this game will most likely die out. That is how Hasbro has run things in the past. The only thing we can control is our attempts to at least spark interest in gaming stores and get those people interested, which in turn would mean better profits.

If you are friends with people at a big store like Target or something then by all means try to get them to promote the game though.