View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2021, 01:41 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Nahiri, Fury in Stone

Because her card doesn't specify either empty or unoccupied, she can Pass onto a Cryptolith from a level 9 space/Cryptolith.

The question of Pass isn't moot, here was a situation I was in:

On Island Plane Crash, Nahiri (on her last 2 Life) was between the last Restless Zombie on height, and equal to Liliana on her last life, who was using a Sand tile that Nahiri raised.
I wanted to kill Liliana before the Zombie so they don't respawn.
The zombie is on a height of 4, so stepping off to the spaces on either side would cause me to take a LEA from the Zombie, and without a way to Pass Through Stone against it.

Ultimately I just attacked Liliana and failed, and then got killed.
However, if Passing Through Stone 0 spaces is an option, I could have risked the 2 LEAs for the 25% chance of destroying the Zombie before potentially destroying Liliana. Risky, but it's almost game over, and that Zombie was buffed with enchantments.

I try to give the designers the benefit of the doubt. People thought Inspired Charge giving +1 Defense until end of turn was a mistake until Rabid Bite made the "Fight" power known. Sadly, there's no Green/White Planeswalker to use the two cards together, but point is, I assume intent.

Which is why I could be convinced that "Move to... space" is designed to be a different thing than "Move" and "Place" because it requires an actual change of spaces.

I might actually be making the wording seem worse than it is by over speculating about what "Move to" means