View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2021, 10:05 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: IshMEL's Customs: Updated 7/11/2018

Game 2: Predators vs. Dragons

My army:

Spiders x 3
Wyvern

Velociraptors x 3
Spoiler Alert!

Kraal Predator
Spoiler Alert!

Ticalla Monkey Swarm
Spoiler Alert!

Krendal by @Scytale
Spoiler Alert!

Zís army:
Braxas
Charos
Greenscales x 3

Winner: Dragons

Design notes:

Ticalla Monkeys: So I originally designed this for a Codex article but wanted to try them out with some jungle. I realized I had never posted them here. Both @Scytale and @johnny139 had suggested in the article that I remove ďArboreal Tactics,Ē and you know what? They were right! The monkeys came screaming out of the trees (and height) with 6 attacks of 3 dice and did major damage on Braxas. Very situational, very thematic, very overpowered for 30 points! I shall remove that power from the future iteration of the card. Or maybe reduce their base defense to 1 and have Arboreal Tactics only work for defense?

Kraal Predator: I was all set to have him knocking Greenscales around. He got destroyed by Poisonous Acid Breath before he could do anything.

The Velociraptors: fun to play, and thematic. But as a pseudo-squad, I really need more than 3 on the board to make them worth while. One got toasted early, making Pack Hunter less effective. Once I was down to one, I used it as a hero, bonding with Spiders and using Pounce SA. (It died.) I really need to accept the fact that I will never have more than 3 of these figures and I should just use Wolves to proxy a second set of 3. Unless someone knows of another good scale mini for Velociraptors...

I held Krendal back as my backup Predator, but by the time he came out Braxas had pretty much destroyed my army. He was able to take out Charos though, before I conceded.

Itís been fun getting to play and test my customs. Maybe Iíll even make some new ones!