View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2016, 02:14 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of N'astirh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I kind of like the potential for healing idea as it would certainly give you a good reason to try the normal attack. I just worry that a MD figure that can heal themselves might be annoying for some single attack units to deal with. Raven already walks that line and can be tough to take down. The random nature of the healing along with the potential to deal damage to himself on the same die roll should keep it in check though so I wouldn't be opposed to seeing how it plays in testing.

As for the Faustian Bargain aspect, that is where I started with the design but scrapped it in favor of a new direction once we mined that territory a bit with Mephisto. Plus the deal aspect ended up getting a bit too complex and dominating the card. We could simplify it a bunch if you all still want a turn a human into a demon with a touch concept included by just adding that to Enter the Demon Horde. 'At the start of the game, choose one Human you control to have the species of Demon instead of Human for that game.' It would let you build all kinds of all Demon armies easier if any one human could be a one game Demon.

In regards to Conqueror class, he leads a demon invasion in an attempt to conquer so he seemed as much a conqueror that could lead the Annihilation Wave as Apocalypse/Brainiac/Darkseid/Kang/M.O.D.O.K./Mandarin/Master Mold/Mongul/Psycho-man/Starro/Thanos. Plus the figures we use for that squad are the Mezzodemons from Classic so it didn't seem that crazy to me. I'm not stuck on it though if it is an issue for most of you.
I'd say just make him a Conqueror then and scrap the Sorcerer part.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.