View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2019, 06:37 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

I still find the name Tactical Charge to be a little weak thematically. Sure, it's a power that offers choices, but so does their regular, unenhanced movement. By the given definition, the word "tactical" or "strategic" could be meaningfully attached to any power that could be used to either advance or retreat, which covers almost every movement-based power in the game. It also doesn't really explain why the power triggers when it does. Why does seeing an engaged ally make the dwarves more tactical?

It might help to have the power name focus on what is causing the dwarves to move faster, rather than what the implications of them being able to are. How about something like Inspired Charge?

Outside of naming, I have some small quibbles with Dalmar. I think some of the conditions of his protection power could be trimmed to make it an easier read, particularly if you're re-theming the power to make it strictly about harrying an enemy to protect his allies. I also think that the Charge ability is much less interesting on a bonding Unique Hero than a Squad. My personal preference would be to cut it from Dalmar and to just bring his move up to 5, in line with the other dwarf heroes. I haven't played him though, so I could be wrong in thinking that it adds little.