View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2020, 06:30 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Godzilla - VOTE for release

If the intention is for the counters to be potentially used for future Godzilla figures, why use a silhouette that is so clearly specific to the recent American version? The one I made is more universally Godzilla. It brings to mind the Toho Trademark icon for Godzilla, which is a generic Godzilla, yet still reminiscent of its Japanese incarnations.

I assume that the counters are designed to bring to mind his dorsal fins lighting up as he powers up to blast Atomic Breath. So I don't understand how the counters on the card show off his iconic fin silhouette better than this alternate version.

The Legendary Godzilla is famous for its 2014 version featuring its own take on G's dorsal fins, being more like spikes, before adopting its more familiar shape in 2019's KotM.