View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2015, 08:52 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The G.I. Joe Project

Spoiler Alert!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (Storm Shadow)
Hero Tests
- Does it pass, Yes or No? yes
- What should be the unit's point value? Not sure if he is worth as much as Snake Eyes as it became evident that the range 5 double attack helps Snake Eyes deal with other ranged units while Strom Shadow is left chasing them down. Maybe 225 is the spot for him?
- Give a brief overview. I’m going to run Storm Shadow through a set of 230-240 point figures to see how he stacks up. I’ll even use some of the same figures Snake Eyes was tested vs. to see if the results are similar or not.
Map: Yellowstone National Park
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 1
- Does it pass, Yes or No? yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 235 seems okay
- Give a brief overview. I’m going to give Storm Shadow a shot at 235 in the team test just to see if having allies around would help him. Gave him Kingpin to bond with and sent him up vs. some Outlaws.
Units: Strom Shadow@235, Kingpin, Lady Deathstrike, Bullseye, Hired Guns (1000) vs. Scandal Savage, Bane, Catman, Deadshot, Parademon, Joker II (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: First game was a lopsided affair (see above) so I restarted, still in that game Storm Shadow dealt 2W to Joker, then one shot killed Deadshot, then dealt 2W to Bane before I called the game. The dice were just really favoring the Kingpin team. I tried some different tactics for the Outlaws in the rematch, which somewhat worked out and things were feeling fairly even when suddenly the dice got hot for the Outlaws and they threw down a bunch of skulls for a big turn of events. Storm Shadow in particular got dropped suddenly out of nowhere, taking 4W in a single attack. He did put 2Ws on Joker in 2 different attacks and had joker laugh it off to end his turn both times before the 2nd attack. He also put 2Ws on Scandal Savage who kept his att. limited to 1W and killed a Hired Gun while under Jokers control. This was a pretty favorable match up for him though as only Deadshot had a ranged attack that could be used to avoid the autoshield on def. The OM flex gained from being an Assassin in a Kingpin army along with the occasional team up with Kingpin for an att. of 5 after his two att. of 3+1 certainly makes Storm Shadow a little more formidable than he was in the individual tests, although that really should be accounted for on Kingpins card.
- Give a brief overview. Trying Strom Shadow out at 225 in a 4 on 4 match, no flying or jumping, just a fight to see who comes out on top.
Units: Storm Shadow@225, Snake Eyes@235, Azrael, Huntress (800) vs. Wrecking Crew (800)
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: The Wrecking Crew wrecked shop in this one. After not hitting the d20for any extra turns in the opening round, the d20 heated up later when the battle was raging for a serious beat down. They all had some big attack rolls mixed in, allowing them to make short work of their opponents. Storm Shadow rolled poorly on defense and was taken out before he could really do anything, his only two attacks were both blocked. Snake Eyes was the last man standing and tried to avenge his fallen comrades by quickly taking out the wounded Thunderball and Piledriver when his own attack dice got hot and they didn’t roll well on defense, but that was as far as he got. The Wrecking crew had a run of 4 turns in a row that put him down with the help of some poor def. rolls.