View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2019, 01:06 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Midnighter (Breathing Period)

I'm perfectly fine with changing the range. I do realize now that I inadvertently upped the range of the last power. Here is that new version again with math done properly compared to the original:

Quote:
PREDICTIVE COMBAT
Before attacking with a normal attack against a figure without the Insane personality, you must first roll the 20-sided die, subtracting 5 from the roll if the defending figure has not moved or attacked this round.
• If you roll 5 or less, attack normally.
• If you roll 6 or higher, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled and
• If you roll 12 or higher, subtract one shield from whatever is rolled by the defending figure and
• If you roll 17 or higher, the targeted figure cannot use any special powers on its card for this attack.
So that version keeps the die roll range provided from the original power on the top 2, but keeps what I had for the bottom two. Original version had only a 5% chance of failure if boost was triggered, this has a big wider a range at 20%. So ignoring my math failure:

New version in order of powers, chance of triggering:
If foe moved or attacked:
  • 25%
  • 30%
  • 25%
  • 20%

If foe hasn't moved or attacked:
  • 50%
  • 30%
  • 20%
  • 0%

Compared to original where the stats were:
If OM revealed
  • 5%
  • 50%
  • 25%
  • 20%

If unrevealed
  • 25%
  • 50%
  • 25%
  • 0%

Obviously, ranges and percents for powers can be tweaked. The subtraction version obviously inhibits him most when attacking foes where his power doesn't trigger. I'm not super keen on keeping it OM-less, but that's not a war I'd wage for long.

Last edited by LordVenoc; February 13th, 2019 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Power mistakenly said subtracting 10 instead of 5