View Single Post
Old June 6th, 2021, 01:41 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: [Pod 2] Vlad III (Sorin) (Design)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Looking back at the last couple of pages, it seems like we had actually decided on "Impalement 13" as the name for the defense reduction power, which I prefer to either Mortal Blow or Impaling Blow. I just copied over Mortal Blow from the first page, which looks like it hadn't yet been updated with the new Impalement 13 name.

For the forced movement power, I don't mind the name Terrifying Display, but if we use it I think his personality would also have to be changed to Terrifying, which is a bit of a shame because I slightly prefer the thematic implications of either Merciless or Sadistic.

I also don't really like the change to making it only work on engaged figures, as I think it actually becomes less thematic. Forcing a figure to run away from an engagement with another one of your figures makes it seem thematically like the enemy figure is terrified of the figure its engaged with, not Vlad.

Because of the short range of 2 and the requirement that they cant end their turn engaged, I really don't think its necessary to require that any figures moved must be engaged before moving. Since they can't move closer to Vlad, any affected figures will end up either moving away from him, or circling around him, which also feels thematic enough to me.
Forgot about Impalement 13, but I like that.

Would his personality need changing necessarily? Could change it to Merciless/Sadistic Display if that would be an issue.

We can leave the engagement requirement for now and see what it's like in testing. If it needs toning down to engaged only, we can do that then I think unless anyone objects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
I don't understand what you mean here.

I do like the nod, but I also like Romans so I would have no problems with Warlord, either. I do find it funny we have both a Lord and Lady (Durnipia Nephda*) for the Skeletons of Annellintia (but I like them, too ).

*Still Durnipia in the OP, btw.
Sorry I worded it poorly, but I meant it in relation to Terrifying Display. Him forcing figures to move away from him could mean they also move away from Romans and out of range because they're a bit slower. I've only played Romans a couple of times though so I could be overthinking it.

Nephda is a Protector now so no skeleton synergy there, and we can take him back to Warlord if that's the majorities preference.

I'll make a her post in her thread for an OP update!