View Single Post
Old August 3rd, 2017, 03:35 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Classic League IX: A Taste of Gen Con (Semifinals)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok
Rats are as slow as the player playing them.
Just for clarity, are you implying that a player (slow or fast) playing rats will take the same amount of time to play a game utilizing rats as they would take to play a game without rats?
No, I'm implying that a fast player playing a slow army is still faster than Kinseth a slow player playing a fast army. When it comes to pace of play, players matter more than armies.

Commenting on your straw man argument: I don't generally agree with that, but in certain matchups that's the case. One example of such a case is me against vegie this week. It's likely that the only time I will scatter in the entire game will be at the very end, when I'm finishing off his Brave Arrow with my rats for style points. Absent scatter, Deathreavers don't slow the game down any more than any tough, numerous common squad.