View Single Post
Old November 5th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by B:T:L Matt View Post
I finished Bastion a few months back... Great game and awesome soundtrack.
It is a nice little gem. Really solid little story too.

More Dark Souls last night. Getting used to the way the game works, though I spent a considerable time trying to kill the first big demon boss. He's not that hard really, I just couldn't, for the life of me, pull off the plunge attack consistently.

WOAH! I never even thought about plunging attacking. I just pushed him back, waited for him to swing, dodge rolled backwards, ran forward and hit him a few times and repeated this process several times. Got him on my third try that way. I may have to try plunging attacks on him for my next runthrough.
How do you push back? I was having a terrible time dodging his club. Might be I just dodged too early or something, but he always seemed to be able to tag me. I couple messages on the stairs mentioned he was weak to lightning another one said plunge. I decided to use both and it took off half his health in one hit.
If you just stay right on his legs, he will do an attack where he jumps back, then lunges forward. Dodgeroll backwards when he lunges, then quickly advance. He won't lunge forward enough to recover the ground he lost. If you lose too much ground, dodgeroll past him and just do the same from the other direction.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...