View Single Post
Old November 8th, 2010, 07:23 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Margloth's Custom Watchmen Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
I really like your Rorschach custom, especially the interaction between the Journal and Paranoia powers. That was a stroke of brilliance.

Dr Manhattan is probably priced too high at this point. Unless I'm reading things incorrectly, he's a single-attacking hero, that can attack out of turn, with excellent target selection. Yes he's beefy, but not 500 points worth of beefy. I have two recomendations for him. First there should be some reason for him to use his regular movement instead of teleporting everywhere. IIRC in the book he actually does alot of walking around and only teleports when it's warranted.

Secondly, have you considered Observer for his class? It seems to be like it would be a good fit considering how he exists at all points along his timeline.
I like Observer for class!

As for your other observations (pun intended), I understand what you're saying and I may have to drop the points. I'd rather give him powers to match, but currently I'm not sure how much card space I'm working with. Plus, does the ability to take 4 turns, 3 of which interrupt the opponent's, possibly make the points more worth it? Maybe it's time for me to try some playtests (I'm waiting on the figs still anyway... ). And he is still throwing 8 attack dice with 4 range. In the super world, where defense/life combos are high, that's gotta be worth something.

Also, I know the walk/teleport powers are at odds, but honestly I'm not sure why he'd ever walk anyway. Yes, he walks in the novel, but that's almost only when he's talking to others. Whenever he truly 'moves about' he teleports. I guess I could the number to 5, but I see him as being a little deliberate when he does walk, and once again, with Teleport, does it matter?

Thanks for the input though, and I am mulling it over!