View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2012, 02:20 AM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
They're not dialog choices, but the game is still far too random in the way it presents your failed decisions. Actually, the main issue is the "I don't believe you choice" which has has wild responses that take you entirely out of the scene. The one that catches most people is the wife of the guy who fakes his own death. She says something about him leaving his glasses behind, which if you question turns from the player going "that's odd" to your character flying off the handle and demanding she confess.

Really, it's just not a very well done way to do an interrogation system. The problem is, there's no flow to the conversation. Instead, each segment is just a single instance multiple choice question with a single entirely self contained answer that has nothing to do with the other segments in the conversation. Deus Ex: Human Revolution did it much better, IMO, where your choices raise and lower your overall success in the situation. Honestly, I completely lost interest in LA Noire after maybe the 3rd or 4th case.
Yeah, I quit shortly after that case... It was really repetitive as well and the character's "tells" were overly obvious.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...