View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2018, 06:54 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Thanks for reviewing this, guys. In the end, I'm pretty happy with the design as is (the one thing I might change is making Instantaneous Calculation X reliant rather than I See It All, but that's really a minor issue I'm not sure I want to bother getting a new card for ), and didn't really expect to get this through anyway, but I thought I'd give her a shot since she's one of the Classic designs I've done that I like the most. (My other favourite, An Bláth Dúnmharú, wouldn't even stand ass much of a chance as Gudruna! ) Thanks for all your comments, and it means quite a lot to hear a number of you say that you like the look of her, even if she'll never make it into the 'official' game - I'm sure she'll be gracing my battlefields for years to come regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I don’t think it implies this is what humans evolve into at all. I think the implication is she did this to herself.
I think that most will feel like I feel.
Pumpkin King is absolutely right here, Kinseth - if you read her bio, it's quite clear she's the result of an experiment conducted on herself. She did talk for a moment about unlocking the next stage of human evolution, but that was when she thought the compound would just stimulate the neocortex - I doubt the idea of becoming a walking brain caught on to the general population, even if transcendency was part of the bargain. The bio did imply that the government she was working for and afraid of might reverse engineer it, but I doubt that would result in the complete evolution of the human race as much as a genetically engineered subspecies of transcendent brains, at most, and that's assuming they can get the process to work again, that it's safe to use on most people and will have the same effect on different people. I imagine it'll be several hundred/thousand years after Gudruna's breakthrough before properly transcending the entire human race would become viable, and that's in the unlikely circumstance that humanity survives that long... I don't imagine Earth from Gudruna and the Krav's time period being a nice place at all. Gudruna is meant to be ahead of her time by at least a century or two.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================