View Single Post
Old July 21st, 2022, 12:22 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
I've been sitting on this custom for a long time trying to get him to work right, and I think I'm getting really close to where I want him to be prior to submission. I'd love to get any feedback on it!

As worded above, Mag Rail SA can shoot around obstacles like ruins and trees. Is the intended theme that F19 is firing heat seeking/homing missiles of some kind? Because the name sounds like you're trying to convey "magnetic rail gun," and that's not really what rail guns do.
I'd guess that the attack is supposed to punch through cover and armor/shields, as represented by obstacles and gray hit zones, at the cost of lethality. However, the question then becomes, "why can this weapon only hit a single target in a group?"
@Sherman Davies - this is exactly right (what Blue Trails wrote). The idea was to punch through cover - that's part of the reason why when there is no cover, the defending figure loses a die as well.

As far as the reason for it not being a splash attack, I had a version that did that, and the card felt too much like a wall of text. I wanted it a little more simple.
For me at least, having a weapon that can fire at an enemy through other figures without damaging the other figures is a bit of a theme break. Would you consider just reusing Rail Gun SA?