View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2022, 05:01 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of King Kong (Event Hero) (Public Playtest)

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: King Kong

Version tested:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Custom Map
Units: King Kong VS 100 pts Outsiders – Batman, Geoforce, Halo, Katana, Black Lightning
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: .
Units: 1000 pts – King Kong VS 1000 pts - Mr Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Silver Surfer 400, Iceman 150
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: 1000 points seems low for what is going on here. The design isn't way off but needs a change or two. Totally felt like a one figure army. And felt like playing with King Kong.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I really like this take on King King but he's just a little overpowered. He went 2 and 0 in his matches, the final results in each game make it look closer than it really was. Everything is strong on him. His attack with buff is strong, his defense reduction and auto wound possiblity are strong, his movement leap/toss toss combo is strong and his extra turn/healing x-marker power is strong. I think there are a number of ways to adjust him to get him closer to 1000 points. You could drop his life to 10, or his normal attack to 4. The adjustment I'd like to see is to not allow the x-marker power to be used until he's at half life, whether that's 5 or 6 wounds I don't know, I think it slows him down in rounds 1 and 2 a little. Or have the x-marker heal or give an extra turn. In both games he killed 2 figures in round one. At that point it already feels like game over. He's not in need of a redesign but just needs a tweak or two to be perfect.