View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2015, 08:47 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of City Park - Design Phase

OP updated with pic and VS file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I discovered a few issues though. The large tree base is slightly larger than the 4 hexes it sits on, which is only an issue when you try to surround it with other tiles. So while you can force it into it's spot, it leaves everything just a little unsettled and a few tiles off set. So I went ahead and used some of the extra single grass tiles to build up a base for all the trees. The tree are in the same exact spots, just one level higher.
Yeah, I raised the big tree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
The other thing I noticed is that the forward most position in each start zone is exactly 6 spaces away from the top of the fountain. We have a lot of 6 flying ranged units in C3G now so from a competitive standpoint I think this is a problem. Whoever wins initiative just zooms out to take up high ground in the center of the board on OM1 of round 1. My quick and dirty solution was to use the left over 7 hex concrete tiles to replace the forward asphalt tiles, then move the asphalt tiles & start zone spaces back to the street. There may be a better solution but here is the VS file of the changes I made so you can see what it looks like. The each start zone is now 9 hexes away from the center of the board as well as the other two single hexes of high ground on either side of the fountain.
I don't see this as a problem, there are a total (including the middle one) 11 spaces on that height, so I don't see the middle space being better than the other spaces on the same level.

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps