View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2018, 05:05 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Flash_19's Maps & Scenarios

Jandar's Summoning Circle
LOVE. THIS. MAP. I'm trying to find issues with it, but I just keep finding things I love about it! So thematic, so well executed with that theme and balanced all at the same time. Both power glyphs are with 2 activations of 5 and 6 move figures. Check. The summoning glyph is SO thematic and fun, it's easily accessible and as you mentioned, that position is (with the LoS blockers) easily contested. the valda glyph will hard a charge on the hill if need be, and it just looks like a solid map. I also like the power glyphs on the edges because it'll force opponents to come off the central height to contest them if they want the bonus or if they want you off of it...and having Valda to help you rush the height will cause fits for any pod armies. No concerns here...other than maybe the freestanding 1-hex dungeon rocks. If I'm not mistaken, I they need to be attached to the side of a hex...or is that just the Ticalla Jungle expansion? @BiggaBullfrog do you know?

Oh also, please provide the backstory Would love to read where you received the inspiration for the map.

Ruins of Rennoc
I really like this map! Very cool design and I think well executed.

Couple notes:
- interesting use of road, but I like it. The map is already relatively low and short, so movement across the center is already fast, so the road provides an interesting, faster lateral movement, though I don't know how practical that will be in gameplay since the lateral movement is all on low grown (except for a couple pieces on the edges) just outside the startzone.
-The Aesthetics of this map are beautiful...I like it the more I look at it
-Jalgard (Def +2) is broken...please remove it. I doubt others will disagree. Even on lava, a temporary bonus of +2 def is just too powerful. Gerda (def +1) would do just fine and I think still accomplish what you're looking for here.
- One concern might be that range can take some good height turn one and even better height by turn 2, while also taking some nice shots at oncoming troops (due to the openness of the center), BUT I feel that the center is low enough and designed well enough to warrant quick and easy development for melee to charge up to range. You'll never have perfect cover or positioning as melee vs range...and while openness here helps range...I think melee will be able to move fast enough to be okay (and if they control the defense glyph, that also helps)
- add a backstory, would love to see where you got the inspiration for this map

Overall, very well done. I love this map!

Both maps look great, I don't see any major, blaring issues that need reworking. Just the minor glyph change for Ruins of Rennoc and I think that's really it... overall I think you've designed some solid maps.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22