View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2022, 09:46 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The minis will not be a sea of unpainted gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanpie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Skyknight swears that speedpaint is a thing and that it works well and quickly. That’s my plan.
Can someone explain this speedpaint thing? I've seen a few posts about it.
It’s a kind of paint that does some highlighting and some shading without you having to do anything to it. I have no idea how it works. Appears to be magic.

Anyway. According to these YouTube videos it appears to take about 10 minutes a figure. You end up with a paint job that is better than original Scape, which didn’t have those features at all. Not good enough to win you a mini painting contest, but nice looking.

I’ve never done it but I’ve watched a few videos. Enough to believe that it’s a real thing and does what people say it does.
You need to base the entire mini (spray paint - normally black) then highlight from the top with white spray paint. This allows for dark recesses but highlighted areas when you use contrast (or speedpaints) which is a very thin style of paint to go over the figure once and that's you done.

Each medium figure should take about 10 minutes and will look pretty good.

I just tried it out on a couple of skeleton squads (from heroquest) to check it out...and it works. Not up to what I like but it's not bad.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; October 7th, 2022 at 09:48 PM. Reason: It's okay...not great but okay.