View Single Post
Old June 15th, 2021, 05:25 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Thundercats Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
These are based on the newer cartoon, yes?

Liono should not be able to use Sight without the Sword. Panthro really needs some sort of repair or driving power and his tank is a must.

I never saw Cheetara as Flash fast but that may be an aspect of the new cartoon. In the old one Liono actually beats her in a race. He defeats all of the Thundercats one on one in a trial to be the rightful Lord of the Thundercats.

Kit and Kat would be cool as a single figure. Sort of like what I did with my Batman and Robin design. I would give them tricks like what the Tricksters have.

Liono had a claw shield with a grappling hook in the original cartoon. That could be fun as an additional Eq glyph.
The new cartoon also had trials as well. And while he was never as fast as her he beat her in the race to the center of the maze using wits. And I thought that was the same thing that happened in the original. Haven’t seen it in ages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'd consider looking at the mechanics we settled on for He-Man and seeing if Lion-O's sword set up could mirror things more (just in terms of what it takes to lose it and which mechanics are placed where). They seem to be fairly parallel characters, so I like trying to maintain a consistent aesthetic between them.
Solid call there. In fairness pretty sure he came up with a lot of this before he saw He-Man. Likely could have been different if he’d seen He-man first.