View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2021, 12:53 AM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I've seen Ash Barker's review and Joel Eddy's review of Stargrave. It certainly does look neat. I will pass on it for now since I don't think I'd get it played. I don’t see my old game group like I used to, except my buddy Brian occasionally, but he wouldn't play it. My buddy Chris, who i played a lot of Frostgrave with has been too busy over the past couple years going back to college for electrical engineering, while still working full time. So I don't get to game with him. If Joe comes out with a Rangers of Shadow Deep version of Stargrave, I may consider it since it plays solo.

Glad you got some gaming in. I've just been playing Rangers of Shadow Deep again, starting a new mission book.
Similar issues in my group ... although, I'm part of the problem.

Nevertheless, it's my understanding that the first expansion of Stargrave will include some solo play rules -- perhaps deftly named Quarantine 37 ...

Amazon has it listed for September release (granted, it is subject to change) --> Link.

Oh boy, that certainly will be tempting Hellfire. I do have a lot of Star Wars Legion minis, as well as some others that could work. I'll have to see how things are when the expansion comes out and then decide.

As it is, I'm looking at another minis agnostic fantasy tabletop miniatures game called Lasting Tales. The designer designed The Walking Dead All Out War and Elder Scrolls Call to Arms. I have both games systems and really enjoy them, so we'll see if I decide to back this one. I still have several scenarios of Rangers of Shadow Deep to play, as well as Elder Scrolls. That and I still have to try the solo rules I have had for Frostgrave for awhile.

Oh boy...I have a problem 😕
I liked Walking Dead and own Elder Scrolls (picked it up on clearance oddly enough), but I haven't tried it yet -- it looked fun and I need to try the solo play option ... while the rules don't seem to be the most difficult for any game I've played the rulebook was a struggle for me to read through for some reason (perhaps I was just in too much of a rush between this thing and that thing -- happens unfortunately), but I do look forward to playing it.

And currently I have a Rangers campaign going with some guys and it's quite fun, but oh so difficult to get together at the same time -- I get tempted to just play thru the campaign/missions/scenarios solo, but I try to be patient.

Either way, we seem to have been traveling down similar game pathways -- for better or for worse. :P