View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2020, 08:58 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: [Pod 2] Rhox Veterans - Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
I'd like to see some kind of "living statues" power that ties these and Avacyn together with a little bit of theme and a little bit of synergy. Here were a couple ideas:

LIVING STATUE POWER 1
After any turn, you may reveal your 'X' Order Marker on this card. While your 'X' Order Marker is revealed on a card with Living Stone, all figures you control with Living Stone add 3 to their Defense and cannot take turns.

This one is more direct synergy. Time it right and have your hero and squad create some bottlenecks and/or tank on a glyph.

LIVING STATUE POWER 2
At the start of each round after placing Order Markers, place a Shield Marker on this card for each Order Marker on it. Add 1 to [this]'s Defense for each Shield Marker on this card. After revealing an Order Marker on this card, flip a Shield Marker over to a Sword Marker. Add 1 to [this]'s Attack for each Sword Marker on this card. At the end of the round, remove all Shield and Sword Markers from this card.

This one is more of a thematic connection, since it's almost anti-synergy, since you only have 4 OMs and therefore 4 markers to go around. As an example, if their base stats were 1A/2D, with all 4 OMs the become 1/6 before revealing any. Revealing the 1 makes them 2/5; 2 = 3/4, 3 = 4/3. We would also only be using 4/5 of the shield/sword markers here, but that's not a problem if we want a single marker to use somewhere else.

On a related note, reusing the species Animata seems very appropriate.
Definitely agree that animata would be a good fit here as a species.

Of your other proposed abilities, I think I like the first one a bit better? It feels a little more like a "generic" ability that you would expect to see on multiple army cards, whereas the second one seems a little more specialized. I might slightly prefer this wording for the first ability:

Quote:
LIVING STATUE POWER 1
After any turn, you may reveal your 'X' Order Marker on this card. While your 'X' Order Marker is revealed on a card with Living Stone, all figures you control with Living Stone add 3 to their Defense as long as they have no unrevealed order markers on their army cards.