View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2019, 04:49 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Games Will You Be Purchasing?

A pal got the brand new Kami Sama and has left it over here; I've enjoyed my first few games of it. Its a whimsical Euro where you can choose one of 20 Japanese kami or spirits to play, on a board that rotates each turn, so that you're playing mostly on the quadrant in front of you!

Its by the fairly new small company Kolossal, who is also doing my upcoming giant Kickstarter Mezo. I don't often buy extra bling, but I'm going for the multicolored 3D Mayan pyramids being offered as an add on. Archaeologists have just discovered that the Mayan civilization was much larger than previously thought; putting it up on the scale of the Greek, Egyptian, and Chinese cultures of Ancient times!

My other giant Kickstarter this new year is Red Alert: Space Fleet Warfare (Commands & Colors in space) by Richard Borg. A recent update says they're trying to get it shipped here this month, to avoid the month long production shut down all February that accompanies Chinese New Year. So its still on track for availability in March, which is drawing closer now. Hooray! Since the rules are available on the KS, you can see my early commentary on this design here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/...rly-commentary

Also hopefully coming in March is Seasons of Inis, an expansion for that game by Metagot, who also did some of other favorite myth based games: Cyclades (Greek) and Kemet (Egyptian), for which I have all of the expansions as well. This will add to the Irish mythology game new changing season rules, ports, and an Island, including some new cards. Very much looking forward to this also.