View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2019, 02:00 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: 2019 C3V Playtest Tournament (Round 3 until 9/29)

Pretty much everything in your response that you asserted was my view point actually isn’t.

First off, you base your entire response on a perceived fundamental disagreement that’s simply not there. You made the statement that “playtesting is ultimately about a qualitative analysis of results.” I agree with you, heck I think pretty much everyone agrees. That’s how we’ve been doing it for years. I didn’t think this was up for debate. As an illustration, if a unit through the course of its play testing kills an average of 83.5 points. I’m not gonna push for the unit to be priced at 83.5 points. I’m not a slave to the data. I know how to make subjective conclusion based of the date and other factors. Everyone on this site does too.

Multiple times you act has if I take win/lose records as gospel, when I never even mentioned win/lose records. Look at part two again. I use terms like too weak or two strong. Those are subjective terms. I want the testers impressions just like you.

I’m pointing out that the system has been set up in such a way that it’s not producing good date. This makes qualitative analysis more difficult and less reliable.

Last edited by infectedsloth; September 23rd, 2019 at 04:23 AM.