View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2022, 07:56 AM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: ScapeCon 2022 Feedback

Had a blast seeing people again since I did not come last year, and Gencon 2019 was my first time at a main event situation. Thank you to everyone who contributed to the event, from planning to prizes. Here are a few thoughts about my first Scapecon.

1) Loved that there was A+ restrictions in quite a few tournaments. I think that keeps the game time down and the action going. It is great to let them be used in some, but I think for such a big event, it keeps the action moving and games not going to time. I also think it invites more armies to the table.

2) Would love to see the restriction applied to a VC tournament (just one). VC adds a lot, but A+ is A+, and causes the same problems here.

3) General Wars. Need to figure out how best to handle Valkril so it can be used, but not be a major force. Maybe make it VC so it is its own General?

4) Agree with many about Shifting Alliances. Great concept and I love playing with and meeting other players, just needs to be tweaked. I was 0-2 and dropped out so that I would not hurt a 2-0 player in the final round.

5) Cost was fair and the discount for no breakfast was great. As an intermittent faster, it was a nice savings for food I would not eat.

6) I really liked that we tried different formats. Would love to see Assassin's Creed return. Burn out is crazy, but fun. We need to tweak Control Points. Firestorm dominated the best armies.

7) Love what Delta scoring does and would like to see a little more of it.

Hope we keep one day passes. Even if the main event fills up, it allows people (I live in the midwest) to come who cannot afford the whole 5 days. We do have people in our group that are interested and I am hoping to get them to pop over for a day to experience it.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!

Last edited by Muskie; July 27th, 2022 at 08:02 AM. Reason: more thoughts