View Single Post
Old February 4th, 2020, 09:44 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Crossbones (Public Playtesting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
So here's what we're looking at;

MrNobody (older version @150)
1 win
3 losses

Archie
2 losses

Ronin
1 win
1 loss

Bats
2 wins

There were some fairly big wins but also some sizable losses too. Basically, what I'm getting is that he's good in specific armies, and more balanced in others. Skull+Penguin+Hired Guns is just a good build with or without him, but he slots in very well there.

I must admit, I'm kind of at a loss here. I like 160, because it makes him the perfect substitute for HYDRA Agents x2 in the now 1,000 pt Hydra build. I want to keep him there, if possible. He has 2 powers (Brutality and Human Shield) that I really like conceptually, but are hardly being used. So reducing their usefulness doesn't really seem like a smart option to nerf those powers even more. But it is also kind of bumming me out that they're barely being used.

The one idea I had was this;
Quote:
TRIGGER MAN
When attacking a non-adjacent figure with Crossbones's normal attack, if you did not reveal an Order Marker on Crossbones this turn, you may add 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled.
I feel like that would be a nerf in most situations, and I don't really see a thematic/mechanical reason why a double attack is needed here.

Any thoughts? I guess I'm just struggling to find the "correct" way forward at the moment. Honestly a bit torn between a few different ideals; keeping him at 160, having all his powers feel at least situationally useful, staying true to japes' original vision, etc.
160 is fine but 190 works as well

Skull, Srtucker, Madam Hydra, Crossbones, 4xhydra Agents I think is 1000.
Or drop 2 squads and bring Scientist Supreme.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.