View Single Post
Old December 21st, 2010, 03:10 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: LeftOn4ya's Classic Customs to Fill in Holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage7a View Post
Nice stuff, I like the idea of using the normal figs as they are with different cards. It really opens up the possibilities without opening up the wallet. I'll let you know when I have a chance to try some of these.
Thanks - I just wanted some use of the multiple heroes I have (Uses the 3 "R" of the 3 "R"s - reuse, reduce & recycle). Let me know if you playtest any of these. Painting them would help and especially modding Darrak's sword to a flag would be suggested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper314 View Post
I find the Wood Elves very interesting. ...I'd love to be able to try these guys out, unfortunately I probably won't be able to play anymore Scape for a while If you get a chance to try them out though, I'd love to hear how they work out!

The rest look pretty good! I have one suggestion for Qilue Veladorn though. For Resurrect Undead, it might be better to make it instead of attacking, like with the Marro Warriors. Having the chance to resurrect, and attack (albeit a pretty weak attack) may be a bit much. Just something to consider. Overall, great job with all of these!
Thanks. I like the wood elves too as they would have to be played strategically to play them well. Hopefully I can get a game in this week with these. As for the Qilue Veladorn being able to attack and ressurect, it is different than the Marro Warriors because they are a squad so would have multiple attacks os 2 while she only has 1 - plus you have to plan an order marker on her and are not guaranteed to resurrect anyone so a consolation is at least one weak attack. Kurrok the Elementalist can resurrect and attack the same turn and he has 3 attack. But thanks for your input and I may have to raise her cost is she plays too well. Also, just realized I misspelled "resurrect" on her card so I need to change at least that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Wood Elves: Nice unit, but why call them Elves is they are Eladrin and have Fey Step?
I guess I should rename Wood Elves to Wood Eladrin or make species elves, unless someone experienced with D&D can suggest a better name for a group of elves or eladrin?
Quote:
Vorgyrn: He might be a little undercosted, but I'd have to test him to see. I like the unit!
I think common drow need enough help that I don't need to raise Vorgyn's cost too high, although maybe with playtesting it will be different.
Quote:
Roman Leget: His powers seem to be all over the place. He is serving to very different themes, IMO. Also, I think that you are giving to much of a Range boost by adding multiples of him to an Archer army. Perhaps a max of 1 or 2 would be nice. Same with Defense.
Powers are not all over the place but synergistic possibilities are. Really helps archer squads but doesn't bond with them - can bond with Roman Legion or Sacred Band, so you really need one of the Einar melee squads and any archer squad to take full advantage. Berserker charge does not require Valguard but he helps. Basically I killed two birds with one stone trying to make both all archers and the greeks better.
I guess stacking range and defense might be too good but only in the start zone. If you had 3 squads of Grut/Aubrien/Roman Archers and 6+ Roman Legets, plus 2 Einar Soldier squads (445+ w/ Romans, 23 spaces), you could have 12 range in the start zone, but order management and map placement would make it hard to get more than two Legets adjacent to archers outside of start zone. Again playesting may prove otherwise. I did make them 30 for one unit and since archers and bonding squad would cost 40-70 per squad, cost would be an issue, but not as much as having enough spaces for them in a 24-zone limit would be more difficult. Only thing is maybe I will make it Archer Squads, otherwise Syvarris could be a beast with 15 range and 8 defense in the start zone!
Quote:
Quilue Valadorn: She seems to be a nicely done unit as well.
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadliest Warrior
Nice card, but why are you just using the original cards and modifying them?
Quote from Gallery Image in comments. Not so much reusing cards as reusing figures.

Last edited by lefton4ya; December 21st, 2010 at 03:38 PM.