View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2015, 03:22 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Killometer's maps ~ Vallum (single RotV) added 2/2/15

I really like Vallum Killometer. . A 1 RotV build is a challenge to make interesting when going with the symmetrical route, it pushes for asymmetry. And I think asymmetrical maps are too scarce around heroscapers; they pretty much always are more of a feat to make balanced/competitive than perfect or almost perfect-symmetry, and for that, I think a lot of people are afraid to try to make them. They also seem to require more time in making, with them you can't just spit out a map and dub it "competitive" just because each side is the same in symmetry. It's always a treat to see them for me, I find them much more interesting most of the time.

I also like that there's a random treasure glyph to the left, they're sometimes forgotten about.

It reminds me of a mixture between GameBear's Common Ground and your Dry Season, both great 1 RotV maps. Again, cool map.

When I finally get around to starting a map thread (right now my problem is I have a mac and am at college, I know there's a way to get windows on a mac but I'm not that great with computers and haven't tried getting it yet, I think I'm just going to wait and use my grandma's PC whenever I go home, then upload them from there), one of the first maps I'll post (I have 3 or 4 maps so far) is a 1 RotV map, can't wait to share it.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
I've spent a bunch of time crunching what people like and don't like about @GameBear 's single Rise map Common Ground and my single Rise map Dry Season, and this is what I've come up with.
Haha, well then.