View Single Post
Old August 15th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!
Re: What does your "Glyph Pool" look like?

I was just thinking recently that it's been quite some time since I've put glyphs on the board.

I have implemented a No Lemon rule in the past. That means I'll mix the entire set and select them. If the revealed glyph turns out to be inapplicable, such as the Green Kryptonite you mention, then I'll just randomly draw another. I've also implemented a No Whammy rule where I'll replace negative glyphs such as Time Bomb or Smilex.

I do alter in how I interpret the undefined glyphs such as the Glyph of Loot. Sometimes I'll define a rule for them, but I'll often just treat them as No Effect. I think it's cool to go for a glyph and have it be a blank.

Of course, if your glyph placement is such that they are closer to one side, then this can be unfair to have one side get a goody and the other side not. That's why I think having the negative glyphs such as Smilex work, because they at least make you second-guess yourself on taking them.

I haven't added Classic to my Super Hero battles yet. I might have to go through the list and consider adding some of those. It also might be fun to implement the Treasure Glyph trap rules used in D&D Scape with Equipment Glyphs. That would certainly make things interesting.