View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2022, 04:00 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Batman (Thomas Wayne) - Initial Playtesting

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Batman Thomas

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Batman (Thomas Wayne) (200), Robin (Tim) (120), Robin (Damian) (80), Nightwing (II) (200) (600) VS Captain Cold (II), Captain Boomerang (Digger Harkness), Tar Pit, Abra Kadabra (600)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Batman (Thomas Wayne) (200), Oracle (110), Nightwing (200), Robin Tim (120), Robin Jason (70) (700) VS Luke Cage (190), Punisher (180), Swordsman (160), Night Thrasher (170) (700)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: 2 games in, but I think he needs some changes as he's really strong right now.

Thomas Wayne is a strong figure - ranged double attack paired with an extra wound from Surgical Precision will shred most figures at or below his point cost. The House Always Wins is a brutal defensive power, as it is essentially Spidey-Sense that procs at least half the time (more often if you have revealed OMs on Bats), plus an autowound on the attacker. Sure, it lets opponents try again but it means that they risk additional wounds. And there's few ways around it, as it works against adjacent attacks and special attacks.

I think he needs tuned down a bit. There's plenty of ways to go about doing that. One thing I would suggest is turning The House Always Wins into more of a standard "if you roll X or higher" thing, or remove the bonus for Batman's roll if you like the head-to-head aspect of it. Alternatively, possibly removing the extra wound bit from Surgical Precision would cut down his offense significantly. Even a normal ranged double attack of 4 is top tier offense for the Bat-Family faction.

All that said, I enjoyed how he played. Thomas Wayne Batman is a very brutal character compared to the traditional Bruce Wayne Batman, and this design represents that offensive fury well. He's a fun design and nice addition to the faction.