View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2009, 04:14 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Players who got hooked through Marvelscape.

Hi Sherm!

I finally made it here to the Marvelscape Section of the site, and here's one of my best HS Buds with a thread! So this is what I have to say. Although you know what I have to say already, Sherm, the rest of our crowd may not...

While I didn't start out with Marvelscape, I like it and keep hoping for Set #2. In the meantime, we generally play Marvel aka Superheroes seperate from Classic. We use many of Sherm's custom DC figures, (take a look if you haven't already--the man works in a comic book store, y'know), and I've made up a few of my own too.

I am surprised that some folk like Marvel and not Classic, since who else do Superheroes fight but the kind of monsters, etc. that are already included in Classic?

I am a 'Casual' rather than a 'Tournament' Player. But really what I am is an 'Adventure Player!' What I mean by that is that a like a novelistic story line in my games.

Example: A superhero or two plus some Custom uprated human adventurers, plus some Classic figures like James Murphy-- the Indiana Jones of Heroscape--go into the swamp to find the Object of Power in the abandoned factory guarded by a Supervillain or two and lots of horror/monster type Classics.

Part of the reason we come up with more DCs (while waiting for a resolution to the current dearth of Marvelscape figures) is so we can create this kind of adventure, which I see as the ultimate goal of Scaping! So yes, my own Custom B.P.R.D. team uses several Heroclix US Army figures along with the primary heroes! I have a Sergeant, Squad, and Medic. And who has wilder powers than Johan Kraus? Now that wikipedia has such full 'bio' files on all the supers, you can do all your research there, too. So I've recently gone from the three original Legion of Super Hero Legionnaires to all 15 or so, before the Heroclix figures become hard to find. And how cool is that Dr. Mid Nite figure, and his bio? They sell lots of cheap figures at the wargaming con fleamarkets I attend anyhow...besides Heroclix additions, I also started with old Mage Knight figures, which also transform easily into HS.

ITS ALL GOOD! Back when I was a kid, many years ago now, I would have killed for these toys. Now try and stop me!!!