View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2019, 07:39 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Two games of Pax Pamir (2nd Ed), which is very interesting, although I don't plan to buy it. Two games of my favorite, Rising Sun, my 21st and 22nd games of it. Although I've only won 3 times so far, my goal is to win once with all eight clans (up to six can play at once). I lost the last game by only two points! My first Battle of Britain, which is not C&C but is a redo by Richard Borg. Germans got slaughtered by casualties, but this is apparentely common for a first game. Another game of Memoir 44: New Flight Plan. The old Air Pack was the only one of many M44 that disappointed, and it turns out the publisher messed with the designer's rules. This time he got to do what he wanted to originally, and its great! A game each of Quartermaster General and QMG 1914, which is particularly fun to teach new players, since it looks at the old subjects of WWs I and II with a totally new treatment, using cards.

Swords and Sails has just arrived, my first of three Big Box games coming soon. You can share my experiences on BGG. I've spent a lot of time prepping it and reading rules, making notes and a few simple player aids, etc. The designer has been very good about communicating and answering questions, both directly and on that site. Everyone was too busy this Labor Day Weekend, but I expect to play it next month. Mezo and Hellenica: Story of Greece are due in October.