View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2018, 02:24 AM

Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Leaf_It's customs. [UPDATED: 2.24.18]

I agree with Sir Heroscape. The Drow Chainfighter is already a good standalone common hero for the faction--I'm more interested in seeing the Drow Assassin mesh with what we have and add some interesting new synergies than seeing it spun off to become somewhat standalone. While restricting Shadow Shift to only being used on its turn could be neat, I'm concerned that this could restrict the design too much.

I think that being able to shift freely after taking a turn with a Drow but only sneak in an attack once per round with the Assassins is a nice compromise, and I'm a big fan of how this can even work to some extent with uniques. While you do have to leave the more expensive Assassin a vulnerable spot, I think that the opportunities it can present make it a valuable choice nonetheless. Coupled with the more limited nature of Assassination 2, I can see some serious thinking going on as players consider whether to switch their Assassin forward or when to activate the X Order Marker.

There's some fantastic potential for a rather unique army here, and I think that letting the Drow Assassin mostly work in addition to the rest of the Drow is a key point of letting it develop.