View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2018, 08:15 PM

Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Leaf_It's customs. [UPDATED: 2.24.18]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
I kind of like Assassinate, but without the reverse bonding, I want to make Shadow Shift something that happens on the Assassin's turn, not on another figure's turn. I believe this would allow for it to work with unique heros, since you can't always just immediately shift your range away after rushing them out in the open, because you have to wait till the assassin's turn to shift them away.
The Kiting issue arose when you could do something like this.
-Use Ranged Drow, move up 6 spaces, attack.
-Shadow Shift that figure back 6 spaces
-Take Turn with Drow Assassin and move him back 6 spaces.
-Rinse & Repeat

In my suggested version, you could only do that sequence once. The other two times during the Round the shadow shift would leave the Drow Assassin Exposed up to the front lines since he has to stay there and cannot move again.
Making it happen on the Assassin's turn would actually make it even less viable since the ranged unit would be left at the front until your next turn, allowing the opponent to get some attacks off before you could shift the away. And just like your design, you could only save them effectively once per round with the X order marker.