View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2018, 04:03 PM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Im part of a few different tabletop 3d printing facebook groups and have seen many a good mini from ender 3 machines. The bottom line is getting it set up well and getting the correct settings put in. Ive thought about buying a second printer and have considered the ender 3. I really love my snapmaker and may buy another one of those with a bigger print bed in the future to add to my current machine. If your a big tabletop gamer you wont regret it. I find that printing terrain is more satisfying compared to minis though. Ultimately it is super fun.
I would probably make terrain, too. I doubt I’m ever gonna play an official game, just casual stuff. I’ve been expanding my collection little by little but it adds up. If I could make passable minis with a $200 machine it would cut costs considerably, at least by half to get everything I’m looking for. Plus I could make tiles like you said. Definitely would be so much easier than tracking down expensive sets for some lava or snow tiles.

This is all good news though, sounds like that printer will definitely work for what I need. From what I read careful building and calibration are key so I’m sure it’s just a matter of practice. Good stuf!