View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2010, 12:54 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Colossus

Spoiler Alert!

Piotr, like many comic units, has several 'must have' powers. I knew I needed to include all 3 of these abilities in some way but getting them to work together without being too wordy or needing a bunch of dice took some time.

From what I understand, Colossus doesn't just have metal skin. It's his whole body. So that why I called it Osmium Body. While in this form, he's nigh-invulnerable so I had to balance out his Defense dice with his double-shield ability, and still include other nifty demonstrations of his invulnerability. I'm very happy with this wording.

Combine that with Protector, and you've now got a true tank on your team. Tandros Kreel's ability (named for the corresponding D&D ability) is very well-worded and suffices for Piotr's personality in my opinion. Given how texty Fastball Special becomes, I want to keep Protector easy.

As for Fastball, it's evident to me by the various ways others have done this ability that it's tough to pull off. To make it simple and sensible, both Colossus and his 'Fastball' need to be unengaged. After that, you roll a dice and you've accomplshed your goal of moving a buddy into adjacency (usually with a shooter on a perch) without actually having to move them.

I don't think Defensive figures need high costs; Heroscape is a game of offense. Colossus packs a punch and has a little bit of utility so I'd put him in a category of Sonlen, Dupuis, or SuBakNa. His 4 life and 5 movement, combined with his extremely tough hide, color him as a slow, implacable foe who will do some damage once he's gotten to you. I'm pleased with that.

Last edited by Velenne; February 25th, 2010 at 01:35 PM.