View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2010, 01:52 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Elektra - Design Phase

Me: OK, that answers the major concerns. People still seem opposed to 6 defense. Want me to bump it down to 5 or take a poll and see what people think? With her having a life of 5 and no once per game restriction on her Resurrection, I favor 5.

GreyOwl: Why the opposition to 6? She's considered one of the top 5 hand-to-hand combatants in the Marvel universe, at the same level as Captain America and Iron Fist. I thought 6 sounded appropriate for that.
Plus we gave Bullseye a Defense of 5, and she's supposed to be better than him (the fact that he killed her notwithstanding. ).

Me: Captain America is at 6 because of the Super Soldier Serum and his pretty much unbreakable shield.
Batman is considered one of the top 5 hand-to-hand combatants in the DC universe (if not the top) and has a prepared for anything, pimped out armored costume on him.
Elektra isn't even fully clothed and doesn't, to my knowledge, have any special powers that would add to her defensively.
Also, don't forget, the official Captain America is an official template, not a C3G template. Batman and Daredevil are our better points of comparison here, because they're C3G templates. In fact, I plan on going away from the 6 defense on my Cap LD to represent the shield a bit differently.
Her life of 5 already makes her better than Batman and her Resurrection power makes her better than Bullseye. Also, we can't just boost by one on each stat because someone's better than someone else if it's only a small difference. When Superman has a defense of 7 and Bullseye has a defense of 5, both 5 and 7 have to represent fairly wide ranges.

GreyOwl: Actually, she does have other powers that help her defensively. Several psychic/telepathic powers that help her predict what moves her opponents are going to do. She's also considered the best ninja in the world.

Plus, Batman and Daredevil both have defensive powers on their cards in addition to their normal defense. Elektra doesn't have any defensive powers on her card.

If it would help sell it, I'd much rather put the once per game restriction back for Ninja Resurrection and keep her defense at 6, rather than the other way around. (though I'd still prefer to keep it as is and just raise her cost accordingly)
-------------------------------------------------------------------

So ... the question is ...

1) Defense of 6

or

2) Defense of 5?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.