View Single Post
Old November 30th, 2022, 10:44 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Workshop

That's a cool take. I especially like the Special Attack mimicking Donald's. I also really like the callout to Power Armor figures. I hope we do more of that with VDOs. This is the wrong place for it but I'd really like to see in 2.0 having specialty VDOs like Gundams for example need you to have actual pilots driving them to be able to access all it's powers. Having random figures like Jubilee able to have the knowledge to use a Gundam seems very unthematic. I should probably put this in a 2.0 discussion spot too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:

NAME = HULKBUSTER ARMOR
DESIGNATION = VEHICLE DESTRUCTIBLE OBJECT

UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE
COVER = FULL
OCCUPANCY = 1
SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 6?

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

POWER ARMOR: SATELLITE DEPLOYMENT
If you have a figure with the identity of Tony Stark on your team, you may start the game with the Hulkbuster Armor on this card. If you do, at the start of any player’s turn, you may switch the Hulkbuster Armor from this card with a small or medium friendly figure.

HEAVY MISSILES SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 5.
If there are 2 or more Wound Markers on this card, subtract 2 dice from this special attack. After attacking with this special attack, if the driver of the Hulkbuster Armor has a Power Armor special power, you may attack an additional time with this special attack.

HULKBUSTER
When defending, roll one additional defense die for each skull rolled by the attacking figure. If the attacking figure is adjacent, count all excess shields rolled as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

FLYING

SUPER STRENGTH
Wanted to brush this off since we've certainly sorted VDOs out a bit more since the last draft! Vehicles didn't even have normal attacks back then.

Back then, I really wanted to make the "summoning" of the Hulkbuster feel like this big cinematic event, but I don't think that's going to play great in practice. I could see adding a bit of flair back in here though, like maybe ignoring some wounds or dealing some unblockables when it's summoned.

Changed the SA almost completely, this one is based off of Donald Ferguson's SA cause I felt like it gave a neat visual of the suit getting ripped apart as the battle goes on.

Being Large means the Gundam Pilots can't really boost it. Kinda lame, but probably for the best.