View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2021, 08:59 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post

I liked Walking Dead and own Elder Scrolls (picked it up on clearance oddly enough), but I haven't tried it yet -- it looked fun and I need to try the solo play option ... while the rules don't seem to be the most difficult for any game I've played the rulebook was a struggle for me to read through for some reason (perhaps I was just in too much of a rush between this thing and that thing -- happens unfortunately), but I do look forward to playing it.

And currently I have a Rangers campaign going with some guys and it's quite fun, but oh so difficult to get together at the same time -- I get tempted to just play thru the campaign/missions/scenarios solo, but I try to be patient.

Either way, we seem to have been traveling down similar game pathways -- for better or for worse. :P
For sure seem to be interested inthe same games.

Elder Scrolls is nice and different from RoSD. The rulebook is kind of a pain as you will be flipping back and forth looking for stuff for a little while and referencing it during the game, but after awhile, it gets more intuitive. But that's also why I like to play a miniatures game in bunches, so by playing several games of it before moving on to another one, it gives me time to get very comfortable with the rules. This is mostly for newer games and playing them initially. There is also an errata for download for the game. It seems like a lot at first, but its mostly minor wording changes. Oh, and the shield symbol on the character cards should be up in the top skill. That has been noted in the errata and they reprinted those cards correctly and included them in the Civil War Card pack that has a lot of cool cards and character cards for the other characters released in expansions for chapter 1.

I've played a couple scenarios of RoSD with a friend, but otherwise have played through everything up through the first couple scenarios in the Temple of Madness mission book solo. If I wait to get others to play, I'd be waiting a long time.
Focusing attention on one game for a bit is definitely a good way to go. So many games out there that divide one's attention ... currently, I'm in the middle of a purge where I sell some of the games that no longer get any play. Perhaps an excuse to dive into some Elder Scrolls and/or Rangers.

Sounds like a plan.

I sold off most of my Heroscape, except for stuff I can use in other games. I sold Rumbleslam, as well as Halo Ground Command. Gave away Guild Ball and some board games to a small local convention for them to use as prize support for charity.

I've also sold off many other board games, and will sell more that don't get played. My passion is mostly tabletop miniatures games, and I really enjoy Marvel Champions LCG.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon