View Single Post
Old October 30th, 2016, 07:19 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: Ronin Sidekick Workshopping Thread

NAME = CAMMI
SECRET IDENTITY = CAMILLE BENALLY

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = RUNAWAY?
PERSONALITY = DAUNTLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ~110

JETPACK BURST 3
Instead of her normal move, Cammi may use Jetpack Burst. Jetpack Burst has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Cammi's Jetpack Burst movement, ignore elevations. Cammi may move over water without stopping, move over figures without becoming engaged, and move over obstacles such as ruins. If Cammi is engaged when she starts to use Jetpack Burst, she will not take any leaving engagement attacks and cannot attack this turn.

ANTI-PERSONNEL MINE
Once per game, after an opponent's figure ends its movement within 3 clear sight spaces of Cammi, you may immediately roll 2 unblockable attack dice against that figure, and then a single unblockable attack die, one at a time, against any or all figures adjacent to that figure.
-------------------------
Bio - When Drax the Destroyer was stranded in the tiny Earth town of Coot's Bluff, Alaska, Cammi decided to tag along with him. After helping Drax through the Annihilation War, Cammi decided to give him the slip and make her own way through space. After spending a couple years building up a criminal record, Cammi earned the attention of Abigail Brand and SWORD, who arrested her and brought her back to Earth.

After unwillingly returning to Earth, Cammi was embroiled in the schemes of the supervillains Arcade and Helmut Zemo, along with several other young heroes. Despite being an "ordinary" 13 year-old girl with no superpowers, Cammi lead her fellow teen heroes in taking down the villains.

Notes - I'm planning on running 1-2 simple designs between Thunderbolts to help fill out other boosters-in-progress, and give myself ample mulling-things-over time on the T-Bolts. Cammi fits in with a few different things brewing behind the scenes right now, plus she's just generally great, so she's definitely on my shortlist.

Worth noting that I was considering a small power to tie her to Drax, but it felt a little unnecessary since the design is otherwise mainly drawing from Cammi's more recent appearances, not Annihilation-era stuff. A slightly more generalist spin on that (to let her work with some of the teen heroes that she takes charge of) would be something like this, probably:

Quote:
???
When a figure you control moves normally or with the Relentless Advance special power, that figure may move one additional space if it ends its move adjacent to Cammi. At the start of each round, if you win initiative and there is at least one Order Marker on this card, you may immediately use Cammi's Jetpack Burst 3 special power.