View Single Post
Old April 23rd, 2015, 11:56 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Well, sure, lots of assumptions.

Honestly, while I fully welcome the idea of SoV working on glyphs, playtesting a glyph is a much odder prospect. I mean, if a glyph is horribly, insanely unbalanced... then who really cares? We've already got plenty of those. It's not like any events allow players to bring their own glyphs.* TDs will make reasonable decisions, so all that really matters is (a) that the glyph is easy to understand and doesn't cause weird rules situations, and (b) that there is some scenario you can come up with where the glyph is fun. That second thing is obviously pretty subjective, but there it is.

*Well, I guess there was that one insane modular map event in the bay area one time. But by and large, no.