View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2022, 12:36 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Re-introduction Thread

Great thread idea, @noodles !

I'm 'Scaper94. I lived and breathed Heroscape from about 2007/2008 to about mid-2013. During that time, my collection fluctuated from a single RotV set to probably over a dozen master sets in total and several expansions, and eventually contracting back to three or four master sets along with odds-and-ends figures. I enjoyed (and still do, when I can) building and designing battlefields and creating custom units.

The HSers community is a huge reason I was able to be "into it" for as long and as much as I was. Over the past decade, I've played the game maybe (MAYBE) a handful of times. Even so, I would periodically check in on this website - partly for old times' sake, partly to see what the community was up to. I've come to realize over the last decade that 1) the HSers community is extraordinarily unique, having continued to carry its own flame for 12 years, and 2) whether it's been 10 minutes or 10 years since I've played, my love and passion for the game will always be there.

I've missed the game and the community. Since the announcement a few days ago, I've had a complete re-ignition of excitement for the hobby. It's my great hope that the continuation is successful and pulls me back in for as long as it lasts.

tl;dr - A bunch of sappy stuff about being away from the hobby and how impressive the HS community is for continuing to go strong.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work