View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2016, 11:11 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Red Ants of Aunstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Just took the Red Ants to a tournament. (A chance to play one of my own designs in a tournament? Yay!) Ants x 5, Marcus, Raelin (SotM), and Kravs. I went 2-2, beating Nicholas + Thralls and Heavies + Cyprien, but losing to Glads/Blasts + Q9 and Havechs + Su-Bak-Na. Took 6th out of 16 due to points.
The glads/blasts + q9 (my army) were a tough match up for them, made the swarming a challenge when I could lock down choke points with cyber claw. I would have liked to have seen them in action against some of those other armies. They are a cool design!

I do have a bunch of them and hope to try them out soon!
Glads on Hot Heights are troublesome for swarmers, and losing the Kravs early to piddly attacks was really bad. But the Ants still managed to put up a fight. I knew I didn't have a prayer when Q9 started moving though; my army lacked a can opener, especially without Kravs.