View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2015, 05:16 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Book of Firestorm (Ronnie Raymond) (Desgin Phase)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I'm not familiar with the character outside of what we saw on Flash this season, so how does the Firestorm Matrix work? Rapid healing, repairing or destroying androids or DO's, and destroying glyphs (the cosmic cube/infinity gauntlet destroyed?) seems like a lot of different stuff with potentially really powerful results.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
I worry that such an easy chance to destroy a glyph is way too strong. Certain Red Skull builds are almost entirely built on the Cosmic Cube, destroying the Cosmic Control Rod negates a lot of Annihilus's strength, a lot of Apocalypse's value comes from him drafting two glyphs, it will really hurt Batman (II), etc.. 2/3 of Firestorm Matrix being counters, he'll be amazing against certain armies, and pretty weak against most others.

I really like the general direction though, I just think it needs some tweaking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
The glyph destroying should at least have a range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
As worded it destroys all glyphs but they must be on a figure's card.
Expanding it to glyphs on the board is logical.
You could exclude Infinity Gems if they should be invulnerable.

Personally I like adding his ease of glyph destruction into the meta-game. I think it gives a little more freedom in creating future glyphs when you know such a solid counter exists.
This could drive his cost beyond an acceptable level though. We may need to temper it a bit. Perhaps two shields to destroy a glyph.
My concern is with the Crime Fighter and Scientist synergy as Smithy expressed.
Viegon's point has merit. I would not like to see him pigeon-holed as a glyph counter.

It seems like his power over Androids should be greater. DOs is a bit tricky as some are organic, but I suppose with a tree he just turns the air around it to fire(?)
Technically he doesn't destroy a Glyph but he transmutates it into something else...however that would in no way be balance-able so theme vs mechanic comes into play and the compromise of destroy came about...a need for range I agree with.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.