View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2016, 10:58 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape & Arena of the Planeswalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Re: order markers, I would say that an AotP army would not use order markers. A mixed army would put Order Markers on the Planeswalker to take a turn like in AotP (decide which AotP card to activate, summon units if the chosen card is a planeswalker, etc.). My reasoning is that a planeswalker is implicitly "bonding" with the units it summons.
Now, would a mixed army need to put OMs on summoned units to activate them after the planeswalker is dead? Probably? I think?
In AOTP you choose to take a turn with one of your army cards. The bonding is really only present when you are summoning. I think that if if that's the case should be in order to take a turn with a card it requires an order marker.
I disagree. I think this is imposing a rule from Heroscape onto Arena--that is only necessary when one is using an army from both systems.
I agree that its imposing a system, I wonder how else we could mesh the two. Unless after an army using OMs uses them up, that player simply resets their OMs. If that's the case do the players still roll for initiative, if one is using OMS and the other isn't?