View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2017, 10:18 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: GenCon - 2017 ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I like that event list. I think I like the new Main Event a little better. Still kind of a matchup roulette, but at least you're trying to make an army that's consistently mediocre instead of good on day 1 and bad on day 2. In theory it's different, but I'm not sure it changes army decisions that substantially. I.e. it doesn't make it any easier to know what figures to bring to keep yourself from getting screwed by a bad matchup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
So this'll be my first year going. Is it safe to assume that SoV and C3V are not allowed in the main event or other events unless specifically stated?
That is a correct assumption. The last two years there has been an unofficial VC tourney during Open Play. @MegaSilver usually organizes it.
What the new main event does do, though, is prevent people from making Day 2 just by playing an A army, which is against the spirit of the format. It punishes the top armies more than regular reverse the whip. Gotta say, I'm a big fan of this change.